One of the great aspects of being a member of RMIFT is that you stay well connected with industry professionals. If you are looking for a job in the food industry, you have come to the right place. Here you will find job descriptions of current opportunities. RMIFT does not accept resumes on behalf of the listed employers. We only provide a means for you and your potential employer to connect. If you are interested in a job posting follow the link to the job description where you will find all the contact information you need to apply for the position. If you would like to have an employment opportunity posted for your company, contact the RMIFT Employment Coordinator. Please do not send resumes to us.
The IFT Career Center is also available to you. You can post your resume, search for open positions, and use the Career Learning Center to see how to beef up your resume and network for success. Best of all, it’s FREE to use. Click here to access the IFT Career Center.
Product Development and Commercialization Leader
Soul Sprout, a pioneer in the organic raw and sprouted food movement, is seeking a full-time product development and commercialization leader at our facility in Longmont, Colorado (near Boulder, Colorado).
This opportunity requires merging and balancing conceptual ideas, analytics, functional processes and interpersonal dimensions to deliver great tasting foods. This full-time position requires detailed orientation, strong organizational skills, and technical understanding of formula construction to reach targeted taste, texture, eating quality, and price elements under clean label guidelines.
This role is responsible for developing new and optimized products from concept through successful commercialization by raw material formulation, process definition, and finished product sensory evaluation. This position requires high-energy, moderate culinary senses yet strong technical formula capabilities and production scaling know-how. Development experience in multiple product categories, primarily plant-based products including bars, bites, and confections. Competency in fermentation, extrusion, and baking processes is valued.
Experience with USDA regulations/compliance, FISMA, and 3RD party audit standards. BS or MS in Food Science or related field plus 5-year professional development experience with a CPG/food service company.
Please reply to firstname.lastname@example.org
Sanitation Manager (Bilingual) - 3rd Shift
We are looking for a Sanitation Manager to join our Sanitation Team. A good candidate will be someone with the right attitude, who is dependable, easy to work with, enjoys team work and is willing to roll up their sleeves.
The Sanitation Manager is a multi-tasking coordinator leading sanitation employees in a team atmosphere to provide necessary cleanliness, sanitization, organization and control to meet Sanitation Standard Operating Procedures (SSOPs), Pest Control Management Program, Good Manufacturing Practices (GMPs) and company goals for a clean manufacturing plant. This position is also responsible for understanding related Quality Management Systems including SQF, HACCP, and GMP to ensure safety and quality of employees and products.
- You will need to be flexible with your schedule and can work a 3rd Shift with a work schedule range from 6 PM to 5:30 AM. The work week typically is a 6-day work week with at least one day off.
- You must have the flexibility to work weekends.
- No relocation assistance.
Duties and Essential Job Responsibilities
- Lead and manage sanitation department.
- Develop, implement and improve Sanitation Standard Operating Procedures (SSOPs)
- Maintain Master Sanitation Schedule, making sure noted cleaning frequencies are accomplished and appropriate.
- Know how to properly clean and sanitize, use the proper chemical application and resolve micro-issues.
- Manage daily sanitation logs such as chemical titration log, pest control logs, cleaning verification forms, etc...
- Perform ongoing training sessions for all sanitation personnel.
- Manage sanitation operations, labor, supplies and chemical usage.
- Manage all scheduled tasks on the Master Sanitation Schedule to make sure they get completed in a timely manner.
- Communicate and build relationships daily with Production, Warehouse, QC and Maintenance managers regarding assistance, planning needs and issues.
- Discipline employees as appropriate.
- Perform annual reviews for all sanitation personnel.
- Meet with vendors as appropriate.
- Solve problems with supplies or equipment used for sanitation purposes and determines if other supplies or equipment may be better for particular tasks.
- Manage chemical and consumable inventory levels.
- Manage weekly deep-cleaning operations to ensure plant is thoroughly cleaned and sanitized.
- Ensure that all equipment, pans, racks, molds, utensils, etc. are cleaned and sanitized consistent with Steven Roberts Original Desserts high quality standards.
- Ensure that facilities are maintained and all duties are performed in compliance with all applicable food safety standards and good manufacturing practices.
- Perform all work assigned to position in accordance with specifications, instructions and requirements.
- Ability to work in a fast paced environment.
- Ability to lead and work in a team environment.
- Demonstrates good verbal and written communication skills.
- Enforce sanitation dress code standards and maintains good personal hygiene.
- Able to stay focused in a loud working environment.
- Understands the management of Quality Systems and is familiar with SQF, HACCP, and GMP practices which help ensure the safety within the workplace and the production of a safe and quality product(s).
- Minimum of one year of related sanitation management experience, including one year in a supervisor capacity, or equivalent combination of experience and training.
- Must have reliable transportation.
- Must be able to get to work on time.
- Must have a flexible schedule.
- High School Diploma or equivalent.
- Must be Bilingual
phone: 303.375.9925 extension 356
Adjunct Faculty, Culinary/Nutrition/Food
Johnson & Wales University
- Product Design and Development Department
- Denver-College of Culinary Arts Campus
- Denver, CO
Prepares and delivers relevant and current curriculum using a variety of teaching methods and standardized assessment tools that accurately reflect effectiveness of course content. More information here.
PLEASE NOTE: By applying to this posting, you are entering an applicant pool for adjunct faculty which will be hired on an as needed basis. As such, not everyone in the applicant pool for this position will be contacted and/or selected to teach.
Essential Job Functions
- Measures student understanding of course content
- Maintains accurate records of student attendance, academic achievement, and performance in accordance with university policies and procedures
- Distributes to each student, in each course, a university approved syllabus that includes course objectives, texts, attendance policy and materials required for course and evaluation criteria
- Communicates early with any student in danger of failure or in need of individual counseling
- Refers students to appropriate university sources for information, guidance, financial assistance, career development, etc. Performs other duties as assigned
- Minimum of a bachelor's degree in food science or a related field of study from an accredited institution
- Experience in food product research, design and development
- Master's degree in food science or a related field of study
- Experience teaching at the college level
Must provide official transcripts upon hire
Date Job Closes to Applicants
Open Until Filled